Filled with whipped cream and strawberries, this fancy looking strawberry crepe cake comes together easily to make an impressive and delicious dessert. Low Carb Strawberry Crepe Cake – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
Essential keto crepes:
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 tbsp coconut milk or heavy whipping cream (45 ml)
- 1 heaping tbsp coconut flour (12 g/ 0.4 oz)
- 1 1/2 tsp psyllium husk powder or ground chia seeds (4 g/ 0.2 oz)
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Optional: pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp ghee, butter or virgin coconut oil (15 ml)
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or coconut cream (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder, cinnamon or 1-2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 – 1 tbsp powdered Erythritol, Swerve or 3 – 5 drop stevia to taste
- Optional: crushed nuts, seeds or coconut for topping
- Prepare the crepes
Place the whole egg, egg whites and coconut milk into a bowl and whisk well. Add the coconut flour, psyllium powder, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Whisk well and then let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Whisk again. Add a dash of water if too thick.
- Heat a non-stick pan evenly greased with ghee (or coconut oil) over medium heat. Move the pan while pouring the batter in to ensure the crepe covers the bottom and is thin. The batter should be runny, so that you can spread it easily. If it’s too thick, add a tablespoon of water. Grease the pan with a small amount of oil before you make another crepe to avoid sticking. You can use the leftover egg yolks for making Mayonnaise, Hollandaise, Smoothies or Keto Coffee.
- Whip the cream using an electric whisk until thick peaks form. Stir through the vanilla powder. (If you wish you can add a little sweetener.)
- Fill the crepes with whipped cream (or coconut cream) and slices of strawberry. Roll the keto crepes up and enjoy. Optionally, sprinkle with hemp seeds or crushed walnuts.
The crepes can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
|of which Saturated||20.3||grams|
|Magnesium||21||mg (5% RDA)|
|Potassium||306||mg (15% EMR)|
Written by Jo Harding
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.