These Lemon Blueberry Muffins are a staple in our house, especially during the spring and summer months when I can find juicy, plump blueberries for a good price. These are the perfect muffins to take on a road trip or to a friend because they are low in sugar and full of fat and protien from coconut oil and eggs. Lemon essential oil naturally supports the immune system and the smell bring sunshine to room. Lemon Blueberry Low Carb Muffin – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup grade B maple syrup OR 1/4 cup Swerve for a low carb version
- 6 drops lemon essential oils (or 1 lemon, juice and zest)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients together. Sift in dry ingredients and then stir until well blended.
- Then gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full. Place in the oven and cook for 35 minutes or until cooked.
- Cool on baking rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy or freeze and eat one at a time.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 131 Protein: 3.9 g , Total Fat : 10.7 g, Total Carbs: 5 g, Net Carbs: 2.7 g, Fiber: 2.3 g
(nutrition facts based on 12 servings and low carb version)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.