These cheesesteak stuffed peppers have all the flavors of your favorite sandwich in a healthy, low carb, gluten free easy meal! Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 4 medium bell peppers halved from stem to root, seeds and ribs removed
- 3 Tablespoon avocado oil or other mild tasting high heat oil, divided
- 1 extra large yellow onion peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt divided
- 1 tsp ground black pepper divided
- 1 pound ribeye or sirloin (or a combo) thinly sliced for steak sandwiches
- 16 slices Land O Lakes Deli American
- Preheat oven to 425F. Wash bell peppers, halve from stem to root and use a paring knife to carefully remove all ribs and seeds. Place on a baking sheet and divide 1 T of avocado oil over all eight halves. Rub on both sides and sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on each. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While peppers are baking, heat a large (12”) cast iron or stainless frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add remaining 2 T avocado oil and sliced onion along with ½ teaspoon of both salt and pepper. Sauté for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions have softened and are fragrant. Add sliced meat and remaining ½ teaspoon of each salt and pepper.
- Sauté for an additional 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until no pink visible. Remove from heat and strain in a fine mesh strainer if there is any visible liquid / moisture in the frying pan. Set aside until peppers are done.
- Carefully remove peppers from oven (leave oven turned on to 425F.) and turn each to cut side to make it easy to fill them. Evenly divide cooked meat and onion mixture among the eight halves.
- Top each with two slices of Land O Lakes® Deli American and place back into the oven for 5 minutes to allow for them to melt. Turn oven to broil and broil for 1 to 3 minutes for them to brown. Watch closely as broiler temperatures can vary.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (2 bell pepper halves)
Calories 575 Calories from Fat 369
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41g 63%
Saturated Fat 17g 85%
Cholesterol 153mg 51%
Sodium 2061mg 86%
Potassium 742mg 21%
Total Carbohydrates 8g 3%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 42g 84%
Recipe By Alyssa
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.