Easy and delicious, this low carb mug cake is sure to satisfy all your cravings! It literally takes just a few minutes to prepare this keto, paleo treat packed with healthy fats! Keto Nutella Mug Cake – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
Hands-on 5 minutes Overall 5 minutes Makes 1 serving
- 2 heaping tbsp ground hazelnuts / hazelnut meal (16 g / 0.6 oz)
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder, unsweetened (5 g / 0.2 oz)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp Erythritol or Swerve (20 g / 0.7 oz)
- 1 large egg, free-range or organic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil or butter, melted
- 3-5 drops liquid stevia
- Optional: 2 tbsp whipped cream, coconut milk or full-fat yogurt and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a mug or a ramekin and combine well.
- Add the egg, coconut oil and stevia and mix well using a fork. Microwave on high for 70-90 seconds.
- When done, you can optionally top the mug cake with whipped cream or creamed coconut milk or full-fat yogurt and season with a pinch of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Tips for substitutions: If you want to make the recipe nut-free, use 1 tablespoon of coconut flourin stead of 2 tablespoons of hazelnut meal and use a dash of hazelnut extract instead. If you don’t have coconut flour, you can use 2 tablespoons of finely shredded desiccated coconut instead.
Tips for cooking in the oven: If you don’t have a microwave, I suggest you make 4-8 servings at once. Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F and cook for about 12-15 minutes or until cooked in the centre.
Total Carbs 8.2 grams
Fiber 4.3 grams
Net Carbs 3.9 grams
Protein 9.7 grams
Fat 28.8 grams
Calories 305 kcal
Magnesium 59 mg (15% RDA)
Potassium 260 mg (13% EMR)
Recipe By Martina
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.