Poppy seed lemon pancakes are one of the best keto breakfast recipes which are very easy to follow. The key to these low carb pancakes is almond flour and ricotta. It’s perfect for those who avoid gluten, watch their carbs, or just want to try something different. Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 7 oz ricotta cheese whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 lemon zested & juiced
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- pinch sea salt
For Lemon Glaze
- 1/4 cup So Nourished Erythritol
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Prepare one lemon. Zest the whole fruit then press the lemon to get the juice.
- Place the lemon zest and juice in a mixing bowl then crack the eggs into the bowl. Stir well together with the liquid stevia, vanilla, and ricotta cheese.
- Whisk the mixture with the dry ingredients until smooth.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Scoop ¼ cupfuls of the batter onto the heated oil but do not fill the cup to the brim. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Flip the pancakes over and leave for another 2 minutes or until the pancakes turn golden. Repeat for the remaining amount of batter.
Start making the lemon glaze while frying the pancakes. Mix the lemon juice with the powdered erythritol and almond milk. Stir well.Glaze the pancakes with the lemon mixture. Serve with some poppy seeds on top. Enjoy!
Macros (per serving): Calories: 304– Fat: 24.2g – Net carbs: 5.3g (total carbs: 8.3g, fiber: 3g) – Protein: 16.3gRecipe Ketovale
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.