These tuna cakes are the bomb! So easy to make and so tasty. You asked for it and now here it is… Low-carb, keto, gluten free, budget-friendly and absolutely delicious! Healthy Greek Tuna Cakes – You must try this recipes.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
Yield: 6 SERVINGS
Prep time: 15 MINUTES
Cook time: 10 MINUTES
Total time: 25 MINUTES
- 2 (7-ounce) cans of tuna
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Extra feta and sliced green onions for serving
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl. Mix with a fork. Form into discs with your hands. They should be about 2 ½ inches in diameter and almost 1 inch thick.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Sauté the tuna cakes for about 5-6 minutes. Turn over and cook an additional 3 minutes on the second side.
- Serve on a bed of spinach or other greens, topped with a dollop of homemade mayonnaise, and a sprinkle of feta cheese and sliced green onions.
TOTAL FAT: 13g
SATURATED FAT: 4g
TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 8g
Photo Credit By Shutterstock
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.