A gluten-free low carb breakfast casserole recipe with sausage and cheese – just 6 ingredients! This keto sausage, egg and cheese casserole without bread is easy to customize with vegetables, too. Breakfast Casserole Recipe – Healthy, Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 lb Breakfast sausage
- 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 12 large Egg
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese (divided)
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 3 cup Broccoli (optional – cut into florets if using)
- In a greased skillet over medium-high heat, cook the minced garlic for about one minute, until fragrant.
- Add the breakfast sausage. Cook for about 10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula, until browned.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- If using broccoli (or other veggies), blanch them in boiling water for about 5-7 minutes, until crisp tender. Then plunge into an ice bath to stop cooking, drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, half of the cheddar cheese, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Grease the bottom of a glass or ceramic 8×8 in (20×20 cm) or 9×9 in (23×23 cm) casserole dish . Arrange the crumbled sausage evenly at the bottom of the casserole dish. (If you want to add any pre-cooked vegetables to your casserole, mix them with the sausage at this step.)
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until the eggs are set and cheese is melted.
Serving size: 1/9 of the recipe, 3×3 in square if using a 9×9 pan or 2.7×2.7 in square if using an 8×8 pan
- Nutrition info does not include optional broccoli or other veggies, which will depend on what you use.
- Want to make the low carb breakfast casserole a day or two ahead, or make it into a freezer meal? Check the instructions in the post above!
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.
Total Carbs 1g
Net Carbs 0.9g
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.